St James Street is a couple of 19th Century houses in the heart of Covent Garden. The building was converted into offices in the 1950’s and with the help of Cove Burgess Architects, they have recently been converted back into back to their original use and become a series of stylish residential apartments, along with a new shop space on the ground floor.
The planning for the project took a great deal of sensitivity. Cove Burgess worked on working on behalf of the client, Lothbury Investment Management, who are a pension fund and have held the property for a long time, as part of their core investment portfolio. This meant there were a number a number of interested stakeholders involved, so great consideration was given to the use and layout of the building to capitalize on both appeal and profitability for the long term investment of the asset.
The interiors of the space were decorated with style and elegance in mind to maximise their appeal to the rental market. Deltalight REO fittings were used through the apartments for their simple aesthetics and to give good general ambient light through the space.
Lighting by Deltalight